Thursday, April 23, 2009

YAY for dinner guests!!

On Friday I get to make dinner for our best "couple friends" and I am SO excited.... they are expecting their first baby in July (really close to when my Sissy is due with my nephew, actually) and it is so exciting to share it with them...
But let's face it, Keri is excited that she gets to entertain!! The Treehouse hasn't seen a lot of action in the entertaining dept lately -not really because of the food budget (a great dinner with friends can be as simple as a pasta dish with crusty bread and a salad... add a carafe of inexpensive Chianti and wonderful guests, and that dinner will be bliss - I assure you..), but more because the Treehouse, with its giant patio, shines in the warmer months as the perfect place to gather for our friends in the neighborhood... and I am so happy that the season is rolling back around!!

I am going to make them the now famous sweet and spicy chicken with grilled potatoes and veggies, Mrs. Couple-friend is bringing a big salad and we will kick off the patio entertaining season with good food, great friends and (I am sure) big laughs..

My goal this summer will be to find great recipes for simple, inexpensive food that I can proudly share with the people I love - to be a warm and gracious host and put the emphasis on my guests enjoying themselves (and me getting to enjoy them), to see The Hub smiling in the glow of the gel-fuel fire pit, drink and cigar in hand and laughing with the guys, and know he is happy to be at home and surrounded by our friends - just like me..

/cheesy speech.... but I still can't wait..

No comments: