Sunday, April 12, 2009

Do you come here often? Happy Hour at Home..

I spent the day with my fabulous parents on Saturday, while The Hub got his Masters viewing on... (I can only take so much golf -seriously..)
I wanted to do something special since it was a weekend night, so I decided to bring happy hour home to him. A guy at the liquor store reccommened the Svedka Vodka (above) saying it has all the qualities of an expensive vodka, just not the price and that it would be perfect for dirty martinis, The Hub's favorite cocktail..

I used this recipe and he said they were "perfect"....
2 oz. Vodka or Gin
3/4 oz. Olive Juice
1/2 oz. Dry Vermouth
I shook it all together in a chilled cocktail shaker and strained it over 2 blue cheese stuffed olives into a well-chilled glass...
( I had to agree that they were tasty, but I usually don't drink my martinis dirty, so I wouldn't know any different..)

To go along with our cocktails, I whipped up some little "bar snacks".. Some "Savorings" that I had bought on sale at King Soopers last week, stacking the sale with a paper coupon AND a cellfire coupon loaded on my Soopercard!! (I think I ended up paying like 42 cents for them!).. I also marinaded some thinly sliced beef in balsamic vinegar and black pepper, threaded it onto some water-soaked wooden skewers and broiled them until just done, and made a traditional quesidilla too..

It was good.. it was all good...

No comments: