Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Beef Fajitas

(Pictured - at left, shreaded cheese and queso dip) beef and pepper strips in bowl, tortillas and lime wedges, right, and grilled onions - my plate only since The Hub isn't a fan)

Woops - I forgot sour cream or my zesty/cool taco sauce for our fajitas last night.. so I whipped out some left over queso dip from the freezer and we had that on our fajitas instead (it is liquid cheese, so obviously it was good.. duh). Beef Fajitas get made again and again at our house, they are one of The Hubs absolute faves, tho I am still looking for the perfect mix of seasonings that DOESN'T come out of one of those little envelopes...

I used this seasoning mix from "Self Reliant Yuppies" for the beef this time - but I actually quarted it because I didn't want to make that much of a blend I had never used... it was fine, we liked the flavor, but I don't think the search is really over either.
Not much to say on prep for these this time - I cooked the peppers and the seasoned steak strips in a little big of veggie oil in a hot skillet, and the onions in a smaller pan so they didn't "taint" The Hub's fajitas...
The queso made the whole thing for me!!

No comments: