Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Slowcooker pork with DIY BBQ Sauce...

I actually put this in the crock pot on Monday morning, so it would be good to go for dinner that night.. but the call of the Michigan State fans came in, and we had to go support our pals (and eat Auntie K's amazing mole chicken tacos!).
So this actually had all night to sit in the fridge in the sauce after cooking all of Monday in the slow cooker.
I used pork stew meat, because it is inexpensive and it is all going to get mushed together anyway, right? I put it, along with this BBQ sauce into the crock pot, and it cooked on low for a little under 9 hours. I reheated it covered in the microwave and it was just as tender and moist as could be...
BTW - the sauce was just "alright"... something was missing for me, it needed more tang (more vinegar perhaps) and maybe a little heat or something.. it just wasn't flavorful enough for me - but it wasn't yucky or anything... But I will keep looking for a really good homemade sauce recipe. (If you know one, share the wealth, PLEASE!)

As you can see, I had mine with a nice big salad with broccoli florets, carrots, onion, green peppers and a sprinkling of corn, The Hub (who did have a tiny salad in a separate bowl) loves his corn, so he needed lots of space for it!

No comments: