Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lighter Side - Fish craving!!

I love Salmon... I don't make it for myself nearly enough, especially not in the winter - but I really enjoy fish, and Salmon is a particular fave.. So I put a portion in the fridge to thaw (yes, it was frozen.. I live in Colorado, maybe I just don't know any better - but I think it tastes exactly the same as fresh, at least from our stores) a few days ago, and last night i had it with a little white pepper and salt, and some lemon.. (I just baked it in a dish until it flaked apart but was still moist - you have to watch fish, it can't really be timed)
The Hub does NOT like fish... (Unless it is battered a la fish and chips, or course).. So last night I made him an Italian breaded pork cutlet (breaded with preseasoned crumbs using the same technique I do for my oven crispy chicken again and again) and we both had Alexia Rosemary and Olive Oil Oven Fries...
He really liked the Pork cutlet, which was basically like cubesteak, but pork not beef... I sprinkled a little motzerella cheese on it for him - he devoured the whole meal!

No comments: