Monday, April 6, 2009

I love the lists..

So this is the side of my fridge... I have a little journal I carry in my purse at all times and lists for shopping, menus, reminders, and anything else I need to remember go in that book.. I HAVE TO make lists.
And each Sunday a new menu list gets posted on the side of the fridge on my super-klassy note pad. If I run out of something, if I notice something is getting really low (staples) then I write it on the bottom of the pad so I can add it to my shopping lists (separated by store) in my little notebook before I go shopping.
Some people think the menu list is a bit much - however until recently I used to plan 2 weeks to 1 month of meals at a time - of late I find I need more flexibility than that offers.
I can just come home from work, take a glance of the list and know exactly what I am making - no heming and hawing needed - and I can see what I need to take out of the freezer to thaw for the next night as well.
This also lets The Hub see what is coming up for dinner this week, so he doesn't eat something really similar for lunch and get stuck having essentially the same thing for Lunch and Dinner - also, I can look back and see what I have made recently so I don't get too repetitive.

It works for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do the exact same thing! I love having a menu to go by. The title on your notepad is awesome, btw.

todds_wife said...

One of my coworkers got the pad for me, said it reminded her of my obsessiveness about lists and menus.. I take it as a compliment. ;)