Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lighter Side -Sweet and Spicy chicken


M'kay, I am sick... well really it is more like "I'mmmm Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiccckk" - because it is the kind of nasty funk that deserves a good whine... and a strong hot toddy.. or 5...

But we still have to eat, right? So I am sticking to this week's menus, regardless of the crud, and last night was a chicken recipe I found on Cooking Light - Spicy Honey-brushed chicken thighs.
Sunflower Market had an insane sale on Chicken breast tenders the week before last, and my freezer is lousy with them right now, so I used those instead of thighs....

This recipe is rated "outstanding" on the website, and we VERY much agree... this chicken was SO GOOD!! It was juicy, it was flavorful all the way through, it was sweet and tangy from the honey-vinagar sauce, it was spicy and complex from the spice rub... it was freaking amazing - no lie...

TRY THE CHICKEN!! This will become a classic at our house, and it is a total no-brainer shoe-in for dinner guests in the near future... (So T - maybe you shouldn't make it... because you and J will probably have it soon enough) :)

Now excuse me while I put my head down on my cool, cool desktop and pray the DayQuil kicks in soon...

No comments: