Monday, January 26, 2009

Lighter Side- Appie night done light

Bar snacks are a weakness of mine... Anything breaded, fried, cheesey, salty, greasy, saucy, and served up in large quanities is a-ok with me...

But sitting around the bar eating fried dill pickles never did anything GOOD for anyone's waistline, so a happy medium had to be found to satisfy my Happy Hour foods craving this past weekend...



Saturday night I had a hankering (it started after seeing some particularly tasty-looking buffalo wings while grocery shopping, but knowing that wouldn't be calorie-counter friendly)... and an idea to try making a calorie conscience version of an appitizer sampler to share between The Hub and myself...

Tah Dah:


I included a Lean Cuisine peperoni french bread pizza, cut into strips for sharing, some Morningstar Farms veggie corn dogs, and, some boneless buffalo chicken pieces - which I made by breading chunks of chicken breast in the same way I did here, baking them and then drizzled them with two tablespoons of buffalo wing sauce (enough to add yummy buffalo flavor, but not drown them in sauce and calories..)

It really did the trick!! The buffalo chicken chunks were juicy on the inside, crunchy on the outside, and had great buffalo flavor... and the other two things added the variety that sharing appies with friends at a bar offers, but were obviously super-easy to whip up (so we could get down to eating QUICK!!)


1 comment:

Kate said...

Woman! Stop making me drool...