Thursday, January 15, 2009

Missed the Mark - Chicken Veggie Stew

::sigh::
OK, I admit it - last night's attempt at a Lighter Side dinner missed the mark. But I know why..

I made a chicken stew with lots of veggies by heating some chicken stock, and letting veggies simmer in the stock with a palmful of herbs de provence before thickening the stew a bit with some cornstarch (I know I know, that isn't very diet friendly) and adding in browned chunks of chicken breast... all of this sounds a-ok, right?

Here's what I did wrong that made a great idea go bad:

1. I added the veggies too early - they ended up overcooked by the time I got the stew together

2. I should have pureed to add thickness (this is just because of the health issue, but it was lazy of me)

3. I needed to check seasoning after thickening... I should have added some fresh herbs, it was kind of bland...

It is a simple stew and should have been flavorful hearty, healthy, and delicious... a few small mistakes made it way less than stellar... my bad... I will try it again tho...

:::pouting:::

No comments: