Friday, September 25, 2009

Garlic fry goodness!


Reluctantly, I have been searching Ellie Krieger's recipes at Foodnetwork.com, looking for ideas to keep dinner yummy while we battle this "Cholesterol issue". I have great luck with Cooking Light Recipes (hello, Sweet and Spicy Chicken!) but wanted other options. I admit, I am not the biggest fan of Ellie's - something about her just strikes me as not genuine, or something... anyway, what do I know.
Last night I made Ellie's Garlic Fries and was very pleasantly surprised! Really good flavor, no salt or ketchup needed at the table, crunchy on the outside. Pretty darn fantastic, I'd say.

I made them along with some herbed chicken breasts:
2 teaspoons of oregano, dried
1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
1 teaspoon minced garlic (I use the pre-minced refrigerated variety)
1 teaspoon canola oil
Mix all ingredients together in small bowl and rub into 2 b/s chicken breasts, each cut in half.
Bake loosely covered at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, turning midway through cooking.
And since veggies are THE thing all the cool kids are eating at our house now, I also steamed some broccoli for 2 minutes in the microwave and sprinkled in some crushed red pepper flakes. I did get a "where's the cheese?" from The Hub as he took his first forkful, (preach to the choir much, buddy?) but he ate it all anyway.
I get leftover chicken and garlic fries for lunch today. Is it time to eat yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Ellie Krieger love? ; ) I have made those garlic fries and they are pretty good!