Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Marinated London Broil

I'm siiiiiiick... As in "What up, funky cold that has me even disgusting myself" kind of sick.
Gross. Serious.
Be that as it may, after cheating on Sunday night and feeding The Hub a pizza-cicle, I wanted to cook something heart and waistline healthy last night. I had a London Broil that I had taken out of the freezer on Sunday, so I marinated it for about 3 hours in this marinade , trimmed all visable fat, and then cooked it on the George Foreman (it was about 1 to 1 and 1/2 inches thick, so I cooked it a total of 10 minutes.)
I let it rest wrapped loosely in foil while I broiled some asparagus I had sprayed lightly with canola cooking spray and sprinkled with pepper. (I cooked it about 7 minutes total, turning once.)
The steak got cut thin against the grain, the asparagus got cut (The Hub only likes the tops, I prefer the stalks, so we are perfect to share this veggie) and drizzled with lemon juice and dinner was served.
Tasty marinade, for sure!! (I am at a point with Cooking Light recipes where I know if I follow them pretty closely, I am going to have a good meal.)

No comments: