Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Now THAT is a challenge.

Now The Hub has high cholesterol. Probably should have seen that coming, but that means I have to put the dietary smack down on him - which is like wrangling a pissed off jelly fish... maybe harder...

So, I made acorn squash last night, with maple syurp and a pat of benecol (mmmm, chemically... but whatever helps) and it went OK.
When I got home with the specimen, I made a beeline for the kitch and began cutting and seeding, hoping to get it in the oven and smelling good before he could see what was going on. To no avail!!
"What's THAT?" I heard him exclaim from his seat on the living room sofa.
I told him what it was, and his response was "I don't know if I want any of that."
Death Ray Crusty Powers ACTIVATE!!! From the kitchen I turned and shot him a whopper through the door way (probably could have gone through solid brick with that look.) and told him "we gots to take some cholesterol off yous" (doing my version of the kid from the Cheerios commercial).
The good news is, it did smell really good once it was cooked, which he noticed right away, and as he ate it (hesitantly, but completely) I explained that I had been working hard to find different ideas that he might like, and this came highly recommended for picky eaters, which he is the first to admit he NO DOUBT is.
So, one night of veggie consumption down.... a life time to go

1 comment:

Nicole said...

ok we need a picture!!!