Thursday, March 12, 2009

Singapore Noodles with Hoisin Chicken

I found this noodle recipe on The Nest, and it turned out really well. The sauce was spicy and it was a fresh way to use pasta, which is such a great staple but can lead to a maranara rut, yo? I did thicken the sauce using a bit of cornstarch slurry, just because I like a sauce that clings. Also, I didn't have any Sesame Seeds, so I just left them out - and since The Hub is Mr. Picky pants, I omitted the scallions...
Here is the recipe:

Singapore Noodles
Ingredients
½ cup lite unsweetened coconut milk
½ cup vegetable broth3 tablespoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon Curry Powder
1 teaspoon honey
¼ teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/8 teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
½ pound angle hair pasta, cooked and drained
¼ cup chopped scallions (white and green parts)
½ cup diced red bell pepper
1 tablespoon toasted Sesame Seed
Preparation
1. Stir coconut milk, vegetable broth, soy sauce, Curry Powder, honey, Ground Cumin and Ground Red Pepper in small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Place hot pasta in serving bowl.
3. Add sauce to pasta and toss to coat. Sprinkle with scallions, bell pepper and Sesame Seed. Serve hot.


To go with it, I diced up a chicken breast and tossed it in a teaspoon of hoisin sauce and then baked it covered at 350 for about 12 minutes (since it was diced it cooked fast).

Good recipe - I would make it again...

No comments: