Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lighter Side - Buffalo Chicken Paninis and Ranch Greens


Sunday night I made The Hub country fried steak (incidently, I omitted the ranch dressing mix and he liked it even better) , so last night called for something light and easy... I cut up a steamed chicken breast, and layered it along with 2% cheddar shreds and a drizzle of buffalo sauce on reduced calorie bread to make two sammies.
I cooked them in my good old George Forman until they were warm and gooey on the inside, crunchy on the outside and nice and zesty....
We munched them down with some simple mixed lettuce dressed with fat free ranch dressing (I had some chopped red onion on mine) to counteract the buffalo sauce on the sammies.
It was quick and easy and inexpensive - and also filling and not calorie ladden... Most importantly, it got a big thumbs up from The Hub.

No comments: