Monday, March 16, 2009

Orange Margaritas and Beef fajitas

After last year's um, "grease fire incident" that signaled the end of grill season, I spent Sunday with a can of Easy-off and a scraper making sure that my grill pan was clean as a whistle and ready to go... I decided to use it last night to make our fajitas since yesterday was so pretty)

To compliment our dinner, I decided to make a recipe for Orange Margaritas I found on the web, since I have lots of OJ (stocked up because of a good sale and coupon from Safeway this past weekend) and only had a tiny little bit of lime juice left... (ahhhh yes, "use what you have drinking") Actually, it was a really yummy switch!

So I tossed some onion slices in tin foil and my peppers on the grill first, since the peppers cook pretty fast - I like to blister on each side, including inside: And then removed the peppers and tossed the meat on (yep, it is Target coupon meat, and nope, you don't even need to bother asking that for at least the next month, probably more - the answer is a big old YES!) - I seasoned it with cumin and ground red pepper..


I sliced the meat super thin, served it with all the fixin's I could find, and The Hub and I both kicked it up a notch with some tabasco-type hot sauce on our fajitas... with our Margaritas it was a tasty and affordable way to celebrate the first grilled meal of the year!


No comments: