Friday, March 27, 2009

Bad blogger... what have I been cooking? (and get some bread!)

Ok, so when I got back into town on Tuesday night, we had a frozen pizza for dinner...
Wednesday I was headed to Target for more beef (don't judge me!) when I learned of this little ditty... Target has a coupon for $1.00 off Archer Farms Artisan Breads... a smart shopper pointed out that they have mini loaves (perfect for two people, actually) for $0.99... yep, that's free kids... free really good bread...
So Wednesday night we had steak sammies, thin sliced chuck steak quick sauteed and seasoned with garlic powder and some Worcestershire sauce; served on a mini Cibatta bread square (perfect for two cut diagonally!) warmed in the oven with a bit of 2% cheddar melted on it... We had oven fries as well...
Tomorrow is the last day to use the Target meat coupon, BTW (if you are obsessed, like I obviously am.)

*******
Yesterday we got a little mini-blizzard in Denver... it was pretty hairy while it was going on, but getting out and about today was not a problem.. So last night we had Chicken and noodles. My family has a wonderful recipe for a delicious totally homemade version of Chicken and Noodles, but it is best on a Sunday.. for a quick weeknight version I cut a large chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and browned all sides in a sauce pan before adding a can of cream of chicken soup, half a can of water, and a sprinkle of dried thyme... meanwhile, I boiled some dried egg noodles, adding frozen broccoli for the last 2 minutes of boiling, and drained.
Stir saucey chicken with broccoli and noodles and eat hardy... it was GOOOOOD and really perfect for such a cold night!

Sorry - no pics.. I will be back in tip top blog updating form next week, promise!!

Now go buy beef and mini bread!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!