Monday, August 31, 2009

Oh Fromage, why can't I quit you!!


The Fromage Fort obsession continues to grow. Last night I whipped up some mashed potatoes (I had 10 lbs of potatoes to use before I leave for Indy to visit Sissy and the new Nephew on Thursday) and breaded some cut up b/s chicken breasts the same way I did in this recipe (Loving the flavor that using the dressing adds to the chicken!) and baked it on a rack at 425 degrees for 20 minutes (smaller pieces = fast cooking). But then, and this is where it gets GOOD, I heated 1/2 cup milk to just simmering and added in two tablespoons of the Fromage Fort mixture and stirred it in, off the heat. It turned into a shimmering, creamy, perfect sauce which I then poured down over the chicken.
Um, YUM. Serious.
Cheese just makes me feel like everything is a-ok, no matter what.

No comments: