Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pasta Ponza, (Picky Hub Style)

So I was fairly enamored with Giada De Laurentiis's recipe for Pasta Ponza on "Giada at Home" last weekend - but it (of course) had a couple of things I would have to omit if I was going to make it for dinner with The Hub. The glaring example of this being (alas!) the beautiful roasted grape tomatoes. I considered roasting some for myself, but ended up going with some roasted baby carrots mixed into the pasta instead.

I also added some sauteed chicken breast which I cut into strips and marinaded in creamy Cesar dressing while I was prepping the rest of the ingredients.
Notice I also used good old Spaghetti, because that was what I had in the house, and it cooks up so nice and quick!! This is a really simple, yummy recipe that can (obviously) be adapted very easily for any family or party. The simple flavors of good cheese and fresh bright parsley really keep this pasta dish light. Perfect for quick summer meals!!

No comments: