Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Low Country Smothered Pork Chops

For Aunt Keri's Kitchen delivery this week, as well as for The Hub and myself tonight, I couldn't resist trying this recipe from Paula's Best Dishes after I watched her and her guest prepare it on the show last weekend. Smothered Pork Chops cooked low and slow until they fell off the bone? Count me in!!

Here are the chops after I had browned them, next to the pot (I used a deeper pot instead of a skillet) with the onions, peppers, and garlic JUST after I added the broth to it:



and here are the chops, all nestled down in the veggie, brothy, smothery goodness:



I let them cook according to the recipe, and packed them up into an oven-ready to-go container for the happy little family, along with some oven roasted potatoes.
For the version we are eating tonight, I browned the chops, green peppers, and garlic (no onion for The Hub) and then added all the ingredients to my slow-cooker (set on low) to see how it does as an "all day" recipe. I will wager it is going to be DELISH.

No comments: