Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Salad


Shrimp was on sale for $3.99 an lb this week so I grabbed a pound for us.. I think we could have done with 1/2 lb - it was actually a LOT of shrimp for two people. (I had yummy leftovers the next day for lunch!)

Anyway, I actually prepared this a lot like my sweet and spicy chicken - using the same spices as a rub before cooking (I toned down the amount tho, sprinkling instead of rubbing it all over like I would with chicken so it wouldn't overwhelm the shrimp) and then cooking it in a hot skilet until just pink and opaque before removing it from the heat and finishing it with honey thined with a little apple cider vinagar. [
I tossed that to coat all the shrimp and let it sit while I mixed some spinach and romaine with carrots and green peppers and radicchio (which I watched The Hub pick out while wrinkling his nose) all together and then added a dressing made from:
a generous drizzle of red wine vinegar
a teaspoon of olive oil
1/8 teaspoon of yellow mustard
and a good sprinkle each of Garlic Powder, Salt, and Black Pepper

I heaped the shrimp on beds of the salad and it was ready to enjoy!

Great summer dinner!!

No comments: