Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pasta with pesto, chicken, and carrots

First of all, I got the BIGGEST b/s chicken breasts I have ever seen at Sunflower this past weekend:

BTW - these are on sale for $1.67lb through tomorrow, October 14th - so stock up! (Especially since one of these goes a LONG way)


For example, I cut one up into chunks, which I tossed in flour seasoned generously with Beau Monde seasoning:

Then I just tossed the pieces into a hot skillet coated with a little canola spray, browned on all sides and added a touch of vermouth to the pan before covering to let the chicken cook through:


While that was cooking I added some thin whole wheat spaghetti to a pot of salted boiling water and let it cook according to package instructions - the last 4 minutes or so I also added a large chopped carrot to the water, so it could get a little tender (but not mushy -YUCK!).

It all got mixed with 3/4 of the pesto I whipped up in my new baby for an easy, inexpensive, (and pretty darn healthy, I might add) dinner.


No comments: