Monday, October 12, 2009

New Toy!! And Spinach Walnut Pesto

Hello, Lover...


The Hub bought me this little beauty over the weekend, and it is a total workhorse AND my new second favorite kitchen helper (right after Potter- pie, the wonder sous-chef).

I broke it out of the box and went to work immediately, improvising some Spinach Walnut Pesto!

In the bowl of the processor pulse together:

2 packed cups spinach, stemmed

2 tablespoons freeze-dried basil (or you could use 3/4 tablespoon dried)

1/2 cup walnut pieces

2 cloves garlic, peeled

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated

1 tablespoon lemon juice

Then stream in 1/4-1/2 cup of olive or other oil (I just used canola) with the processor on until desired consistency is reached.

Later in the week we are having this with some chicken and veggies - but I couldn't resist smearing a little on bread last night to eat with my bowl of beef stew. Yum!

No comments: