Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lasagna Spaghetti...

I love a good lasagna.... So does The Hub.
Actually, his standard order at one of our local favorite eateries is the Lasagna Pizzetta - an individual pizza with lasagna fixings on top.

Building on that idea, I occasionally take all of the yummy lasagna filling ingredients and add them to some cooked spaghetti and stir it all up into a deliciously easy way to get the taste we love without all the assembly of homemade lasagna... Last night we had Spaghetti with maranara sauce, ricotta, mozzarella, and italian sausage...I mixed it all together and grated some parmesan over the top of it right in my (oven safe) dutch oven and stuck it under the broiler for a minute or two to get some bubbly brown cheese on top... I had leftover baby squash (The Hub skipped the veggies) and of course we had garlic bread...

All the yummieness of homemade Sunday lasagna, but in busy weeknight time!!

No comments: