Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Teachin' Ya Tuesdays - Meat Cuts

I have had several people ask me about how to choose the best roast for their holiday "Roast Beast" needs.

Well, here are two websites that can be very helpful in selection and preparation of different cuts of meat. Both are from industry groups, which can sometimes be a bad thing, but in this case it helps to get good explanations of what to look for and how to get the most out of each different cut.
Pork - Selection and Preparation
Beef - Selection and Preparation
And what am I roasting for Christmas dinner? Don't know - there are some good sales on different cuts this week - but I am actually considering cheating and grabbing something pre-made at Whole Foods for The Hub and I to enjoy on Christmas night. (I am cooking up a storm for Christmas day brunch though!) Christmas Eve will be mexican food, I think.
Happy Roasting, whatever you choose!

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Meat industry websites can be an excellent way to find out about the kinds of meat and the ways to cook it properly.