Tuesday, February 17, 2009

LIghter Side -Buffalo Chicken and steamed veggies..

I've made this buffalo chicken before, and I am sure I will make it again.. often... It is crunchy and spicy and tangy and answers my cravings for "junk food" in a very NON junky way...


I used Italian bread crumbs this time, so they had some seasoning already in them - I mixed in a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder to add some extra flavor to the breadcrumbs... Then I dipped each chicken breast tender in egg substitute, brushed off the excess, and then coated both sides of the tenders in the crumbs, again brushing off the excess. On a broiler pan sprayed with non stick spray (to let the air circulate on all sides of the chicken) the chicken cooked in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes on one side, then I turned it and cooked about 10 minutes more... a LIGHT drizzle of pre-made wing sauce keeps calories in check and adds plenty of flavor...


To complete the quick and easy meal, I popped this into the microwave:
I don't usually buy things like this, but they were on sale at the grocery store for a great price, and they came out perfectly steamed... I would get the product again if the price was right..

P.S. - I stuck a pot roast with some worchshire sauce, beef broth, cumin, garlic, ketchup, and salt and pepper into the crock pot before I left this morning... Can't wait to sample it tonight!!

No comments: