Monday, December 1, 2008

WTF to do with all that turkey!?

Why, steal an idea from my friend Terresa and make BBQ Chicken (er, I mean turkey) pizza, of course!!
It was cold as heck out on the pa-tay-oh, so there was no way I was firing up the grill for pizza dough.. I popped a can of pilsbury pizza dough (never fails to scare the crap out of me when it pops - doesn't matter how ready I think I am), stretched it out, cut it into squares, and cooked it on the George Forman (4 minutes, then flip and 2 more minutes)


Then I layed the crust on a baking sheet, covered it with some Jack Daniels (Store bought) BBQ sauce, spread some shredded turkey and mozzerella cheese on top and broiled the whole affair until it was good and bubbly hot!!



I pulled it out of the oven, cut it into pieces and served it right on the cutting board with a side of carmelized onion for topping (The Hub is not down with onion, but it is a MUST on this pizza in my opinion!)... It was a perfect post-Thanksgiving weekend meal - easy, hearty, and different..




No comments: