Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Worse.food blogger.ever.

I took NO pictures, not one, of the food for the party... We had a couple arrive VERY early for the party and it just kind of threw off my mojo or something... Honestly I was kind of bummed...
I was so flustered that I forgot the last minute things I needed to remember - like putting my flat iron away after it cooled down, so it sat in our front bathroom looking janky until like 9:30 when I finally went to the loo and saw it... :(

I really wish I had taken pictures because my table scape was freaking awesome... I laid down some silk magnolia stems that had a touch of shimmer to them on top of a pale green and cream table cloth... for the antipasti platter, I actually did two - one which sat on my awesome old picnic basket, and another which sat below it, with grapes cascading between the two..... after I got the other platters in place, I put a sprinkling of mini christmas ball ornaments in icy blue, silver and matte white around the the table too... It was my best one yet...
:::sigh:::

Anyway, the tuscan mushrooms mentioned in the last entry were a HUGE hit - people loved them so much... all the food turned out great, although I would make my "mini flat breads" bigger (I used a biscut cutter to do them this time) just so they would sit up on the grill a bit more during cooking.... also, the white bean garlic puree was really tasty, but my sis pointed out that people liked the individually portioned things better, so I think I would spread it on crackers instead of serving it in a bowl if I was going to serve it again... but the recipe was spot on - great flavor!!

Also, between the antipasti boards and various recipes, I roasted and used 7 heads of garlic... if I ever need that much again I would probably buy it pre-roasted, just because The Hub was not thrilled that there was a pan of roasting garlic in the oven for 5 hours on Thursday night... (woops).. I personally thought it smelled amazing when it was roasting..

Anyway, I suck, party is over and I have no pics to show for it... no one is more dissapointed than me, I promise... I am SO mad at myself...

Seriously tho... try those Tuscan Mushrooms... oh, and don't show up 40 minutes early for a party even if it is "to help" unless you have cleared it with the host... Those are my tips for the holiday season... chin chin...

No comments: