Friday, December 5, 2008

Party menu

I have been saying I was going to post the menu for our Holiday Party for weeks now... (lazy, lazy todds_wife) so here is a run down, with posts about prep and outcome to follow - promise...
I can't wait to get home and start prepping and cooking!!

I have had so much fun with this food... I am making a Giant antipasti board with roasted heads of garlic and peppers and meats and cheeses and figs and oil-cured olives and all kinds of yummy stuff; and these "tuscan mushrooms" and I am grilling a bunch of bite-sized rounds of pizza dough (on my trusty George FormanTYVM) and topping some with soft cheese, carmelized onion and crispy pachetta; and some with tomato and basil with olive oil, and some with melon and proccutto, and some with an olive tapanade... (Tentatively, of course... you know how it goes when you get to the store and see something else yummy to top things like that with)

I am also making tiny calzones (I use the refridgerated biscuts and fold them in half over the filling and bake) filled with fennel sausage for the carnivores, and a tuscan white bean and garlic puree to spread on some herby crackers... I am going to toast some almonds in the oven tonight with a coating of canola spray and some italian herb mix and sea salt also...
For our "signature drink" we are having Pomagranate Belinis with my favorite well priced Prosecco, Lunetta..

No comments: