Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thank you, Rotisserie chicken...

...From the bottom of my overworked little bod...

I can always depend on one of these beauties, picked up fresh and hot from my local deli counter, when I just want to go home and eat RIGHT NOW!
Last night I picked one up, carved everything off the bone, packing the dark meat away for yummy chicken salad sammies to enjoy in my lunchbox this week, and cubed the breasts over a huge chopped salad with mixed greens, roasted bell peppers, baby artichoke hearts, garlic roasted potatoes, sliced carrots, and crumbled blue cheese (most left over from antipasto night while the kitchen was out of commission... )
I dressed the salad with a simple mixture of Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Fresh Basil and plenty of S&P. Tons of good veggies victoriously fed to The H, a quick, easy dinner that had us eating in no time, and yummy lunches to come - all for 6 bucks and a stop at the store on the way home from work.. Not bad at all...

No comments: