Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Flat-iron Steak with Chimichurri Butter

So for you Denverites (or visitors) who love comfort food from all over the country (and the world), Steuben's in Uptown is the place to go for everything from AMAZING fried chicken, to lobster rolls (with lobster flown in fresh) with HUGE Chunks of meat in a tangy-but-light sauce on split buttered buns, to chocolate cake that will take you back to your favorite country diner from your fondest childhood memories.... this place has it all...

And the cream of the crop, as far as The H is concerned, is their flank steak with Chimichurri butter..... They grill a huge cut of flank steak to perfection, stack it on a pile of crispy shoestring french fries and top it with a generous pat of butter mixed with yummy chimichurri seasonings... the butter melts down the meat and into the fries creating heaven on a plate....


So last night I decided to try my hand at a re-creation, using my new favorite cut of beef, the flat-iron steak....



I pan-fried the steak and topped it with my own chimichurri butter concoction, butter mixed with chili-powder, garlic salt, and some extra cumin...
HUGE SUCCESS - The H was impressed and cleaned his plate, using the fries to mop up every last bit of buttery goodness...
I could break my arm patting myself on the back for this experiment. A perfect remedy for the gray and chilly day we had yesterday... yum.

No comments: