Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Thyme is on my side (yes it is)..

Organic herbs were buy one get one free at King Soopers this weekend, so I grabbed a few containers... (last night was a simple macaroni with some e.v.o.o., fresh basil, and grated parmesan.. simple and perfect... The H loved it..)
So, tonight is "Thyme night" and my plan is to grill some balsamic glazed chicken breasts (a simple and yummy favorite around our house) and then serve with the butter from this recipe - but added at the end, (think hotel butter on a great steak) to melt down over the sliced-before-serving breasts...
We will have it with roasted broccoli topped with a dollop of the cheese sauce I reserved and froze from last week's mac and cheese (Just a spoonful of cheese helps the broccoli go down, at least in The H's case)...

::Sigh::: why is it by lunch time I am always sitting at my desk and daydreaming about the deliciousness of dinners to come....


Follow up notes: I really liked this chicken... the balsamic glaze on the outside was crispy and dark from the grill, and the thyme butter melted and gave the inside of the chicken a fresh lemon/herby flavor that really made each bite something yummy and different from typical grilled chicken breasts... The H scraped his thyme off without even tasting it (thanks a lot, buddy), but he cleaned his plate... he really loved the mac and cheese sauce on his roasted broccoli; I opted for red pepper flakes and salt on mine...

I would make the chicken again - especially if I don't accidently kill my thyme seedling before it "grows up"... it would be really good over a green salad - with a dressing made of balsmic, honey, thyme and evoo.....

No comments: