Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Old faithful Crunchy Chicken Caesar Salad


Perfect in its simplicity, a Chicken Caesar Salad is always well-received at our house. (Past posts will confirm that.)
Last night I used some left over flat-bread that I sprinkled with garlic powder, dried parsley, salt, and pepper, and toasted in the oven before cutting into bite sized pieces as croutons. I cut one large chicken breast into chunks and rolled them (no wet step needed) in whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs.
The chicken went on to a rack in my roasting pan and into a 425 degree oven for 15-20 minutes (it was about 18 for me last night) until it was cooked through and crispy. (you can pop the broiler on for a minute or two if the top needs help crisping up.)
I crumbled up a slice of extra lean turkey bacon and tossed it with 1/2 bag of prewashed salad (I don't actually use bagged salad very often, too expensive, but I found a good sale this week and took advantage of it,) and 4 tablespoons of Ken's Light Caesar dressing (yep, I measure, because it is good to know what you are really eating, but also because I don't like salad that is soggy with too much dressing!)
On top of the dressed lettuce went the croutons and the warm, crunchy chicken.
Mmmmm.
So simple, but so, so welcome on a sunny spring evening.

No comments: