Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cheesy Broccoli and Rice with Chicken

This last weekend I cleaned out the pantry cabinet, and found a large unopened box of brown rice, I am thinking from the begining of the summer when the inlaws were here and I thought I was going to be cooking for them..
In any case, the whole point of the clean-out was so that I could take inventory and really know what I had to work with, and then use some stuff up if I could.
So, after cooking up 2 portions of the rice per the package directions, I added some steamed broccoli florrets and stirred in a generous dollop of Mission cheddar cheese dip (the BEST cheese dip EVER packaged for mass sale)... Leaving that to melt together and get all creamy and delish, I cut two chicken breasts into chunks, seasoned with pepper and garlic salt, and browned each side in a skillet before adding a bit of my open chardonay to the pan and covering so the pieces could cook through...

Not half bad... The H ate all of his and seemed content, I could have done with a bit more cheesy flavor (but that is kind of like saying the sun will rise tomorrow.. it is always true..)
It worked, it was something different, and it used up some of what I already had.. Good enough.

Tonight, Spicy bean and cheese quesidillas - Ole!

No comments: