Friday, July 25, 2008

Dinner is a Whiz...



As in Cheese-whiz... as in processed cheese food...

It is terrible, but I have realized that I can make The H eat ANYTHING by dabbing some Cheese-whiz on top!!

The crazy thing is, it doesn't take much, and it isn't really THAT bad... Look here at the nutrition info... Now, stay with me here, because that info is for a 2 tablespoon serving of the stuff... way more than is needed to get the job done. To justify using it at all, I force myself to be precise in the measurement of the cheesy goodness.. One teaspoon gets the job done in most cases.

So you divide all of the numbers for a 2 tablespoon seving by 6, and take a look at those numbers!!

Now that is not bad, eh?

And with this magical concoction, I can get The H to eat plain grilled chicken, a wide variety of steamed veggies, anything he has announced he is "sick of," there seems to be no end to what it can do!!

Last night on my way out the door to meet girlfriends, I hurriedly grilled him up yet another burger (he is probably on burger overload this summer) and some grilled potatoes... but he was very happy with his burger, since I plopped a teaspoon of the Whiz on the burger a minute before I took it off the grill, and smoohsed it into a warm bun... gooey goodness for The H, guiltless girl-time at happy hour for me...

When I put regular cheese on veggies, it takes a ton of the stuff to make him happy... the beauty of the Whiz is that when it is warm, a very little bit goes a very long way...
I think getting him to eat broccoli, califlower, squash and other steamed veggies in good amounts cancels out the extra calories (which aren't many) and sodium he gets from one teaspoon of the gleeming goo....

Hooray for the Whiz, I say... try a dab for picky eaters in your house, and marvel at what will dissapear off of plates!


1 comment:

Nicole said...

Great, now I am craving some yummy cheeze whiz! I'm totally going to buy some. I love it on brocolli and cauliflower!!!