Tuesday, February 9, 2010

BBQ Chicken and Wedge Salads


Confession: My hankering for blue cheese dressing has been BOUNDLESS the past few weeks. (I guess it *is* sort of like liquid cheese, if you think about it, so I shouldn't be too shocked)
Anyway, that might explain my sudden desire to serve wedge salads.
Who doesn't love a good old-fashioned 1950's throwback Wedge salad? The Hub for one. :(
He does not share my love of blue cheese dressing (although he does like blue cheese crumbled in salads,) and he finds the wedge concept to difficult to negotiate on his plate.
So the party pooper got a chopped up, choose-your-own dressing version of it, and I got the glorious monument you see on the plate above.
Simply cut a head of iceberg into wedges of whatever size you like, pour on blue cheese dressing (I cheated and used store bought since I had a killer coupon/sale combo to work with this week leaving me to pay 59 cents total for a giant bottle,) and then sprinkle liberally with bacon crumbles (these are extra lean turkey bacon cooked in a frying pan until nice and crispy.)
So good along side my chicken breast tenders baked simply at 375 degrees in store bought BBQ sauce spiced up with a few dashes of Tabasco sauce for 30 minutes, tender and juicy and full of zingy flavor. A perfect combo with my wedge. (HA, she said "my wedge" and that is close to "wedgie"!! Yep - I am, in fact, a 5 year old.)
This is one wedge anyone is welcome to inflict on me again and again.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

MMMMM...sounds yummy Keri! I have 2 chicken breast thawing in the fridge. Might have to do a copycat meal tomorrow!