Thursday, June 18, 2009

My "best" cut of beef Asian Steak salad

Last week (the already-pretty-darn-economical cut) Chuck Eye Roast was on sale at Super Target, and I had a coupon for $1.00 off of any of the beef they sell, so I got just under 2lbs of roast for $0.98.. I didn't really want to do a "traditional roast beef" kind-of-dinner with it, so I cut 2 slabs about 1 inch thick off of the roast and froze the rest for later use.
I pierced the meat all over both sides and marinated it in 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon curry paste for about 24 hours.
Then I fired up the grill and cooked it to about medium, let it rest while I tossed a quick salad with some Newman's Own Sesame Ginger dressing (yum) and sliced the meat thinly to top the salad. The one shown above is mine, so I had pre-cut my sliced meat into smaller pieces and added tomatoes and scallions (which are both a big "no" for The Hub.)

The Hub's comment regarding dinner :"This is a better cut of meat then we have been getting huh? Was the good stuff on sale or something?"
I didn't have the heart to tell him it was quite the opposite, so I just said "I am glad you like it!"
Score one for the power of marinade!

No comments: