Friday, August 15, 2008

Appliances are in...

Ok - so the new appliances are in and the kitchen is technically functional again...
However, getting brand new shiny appliances has a way of making everything else look kinda shabby - so I am hesitant to post pics... The H is trying to decide if we can get the granite counters done before the elevator project leaves us effectively in a 6th floor walk up for 2 months, or if we should just wait until after...

Also, we are weighing the pros (awesome finish) against the cons (cha-ching) of having our super cool metal cabinets powder coated, instead of just painted...

Anyway, Dinners this week have consisted of some things I am not proud of (Chicken fingers and baked potatoes last night, boxed potatoes au gratin and plain grilled pork chops the night before.... sigh....)

Life and worrying about other stuff has kind of sucked the joy out of cooking for me this week anyway... (I didn't think that was possible, usually cooking relieves all my stress, this week I wish I could feed The H Post Toasties every night or something...)

I am sure the culinary funk will lift soon... meantime, if there's anybody out there, post your favorite thing to cook, or a link to a recipe for it... something you love to linger over, love the process of making, or something that you make when you want to enjoy and feel better...

No comments: