Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Delicious change of plans

Last evening's glorious example of wonderful Denver spring weather (at least early on in the night) had me quickly abandoning my planned grilled goat cheese and tomato sandwich dinner for something even more disliked by The absent-for-dinner H.... Salmon...

Coated in EVOO and lemon pepper, it smelled soooooo good on the grill (see crappy pic above... I was standing over it, snapping pics and "oooing" and "ahhing" like I was a TMZ photog who just found Brit-Brit making out with Prince William or something).

After it came off a nice high-heat grill, (5 minutes on the first side, maybe 3 on the second) I ate it with half a toasted english muffin with REAL butter and a WHOLE can of LaVelle italian tomatoes warmed through with basil and plenty of S & P...
Soooo Goooood.....

When The H is away during dinner, things get decidedly simple... and simple always ends up yielding clean, yummy flavors that I find myelf enjoying more than the most labor-intensive, complex dishes I've made...

No comments: